This past year has shown us how important it is to slow down and take time for the ones we love the most, especially those with four paws, wispy whiskers, and a keen sense of smell. The holiday season is the purrrfect time to spend quality moments with our pets, making memories, and creating new traditions to last a lifetime.
To help you celebrate the holidays with your pets, we’ve put together the ultimate holiday bucket list full of pet friendly activities and guaranteed holly jolly good times!
- Plan a Holiday Photoshoot – Pull out the camera and capture the spirit of the holidays with a photoshoot. Then use these photos for this year’s Christmas cards!
- Create Matching Ugly Christmas Sweaters – Create the most cheesy and creative matching ugly Christmas sweaters for you and your furbaby (consider wearing them for your photoshoot!)!
- Shop a Pet-Friendly Store Together – Do some Christmas shopping together by visiting pet-friendly stores or stopping by your preferred animal clinic for a check up and to wish your veterinarian friends a wonderful holiday.
- Spread Joy and Nose Boops – Bring your pup with you to visit patients at a hospital or a nursing home. Your pup will love the extra pets and nose boops, while bringing joy to those who need it the most.
- Bake Christmas Treats – Homemade goodies are a staple of the holiday season – look up pet-friendly Christmas cookie recipes for your furbaby to enjoy.
- Decorate Your Home – Facilitate Christmas cheer by decorating your home with pet-friendly and safe Christmas decor.
- Watch Your Favorite Christmas Movies – Cuddle up with your furbaby and watch your favorite holiday movies.
- Create Pet-tastic Christmas Ornaments – Check out Pinterest for pet ornament ideas, including paw imprints, photo ornaments, snow globes, and more.
- Host a Christmas Party for Your Pet – Invite your pet’s besties for a pet-friendly holiday party complete with treats, goodie bags, activities, and more!
- Check out Neighborhood Christmas Displays – Bundle up your pup for a walk around the neighborhood to check out Christmas light displays.
With these ideas in mind, enjoy the holiday season at the fullest with your best fur-iend and remember to treasure every moment!